tonybreed: a blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Always used to wonder who I'd take to a desert island

I subbed this morning for another DJ, and the much more reasonable hour of 6AM-10AM. 9-10 is community programming (played off the Internet), so I only played music for 3 hours, but still that's twice as long as I do on Saturdays. I'm getting better at this; it's much easier now. I got to the station 15 minutes before the show, only having chosen my first two songs, plus one 3-song set to be inserted later in the show. The show went well, and there was no stress. There were also no requests... I thought drive-time shows had lots of requests... well, I did get one call, and it was a compliment, so that's always really nice.

So here's the playlist:

Sufjan Stevens - Marching Band
Laurie Anderson - Blue Lagoon
Fazzini* - Dell
Konrad* - Canyon Blue
Cesaria Evora / remix by Pepe Bradock - Angola (Get Down Dub)
Gal Costa & Caetano Veloso - Baby
Matmos* - Steam & Sequins for Larry Levan
Har Mar Superstar - Sugar Pie
The Boy Least Likely To* - Fur Soft As Fur
Les Innocents - Le Cygne
M+M - Several Styles of Blonde Girls Dancing
Ella Fitzgerald - Sunny
Tom Waits - Mr. Siegal
Fiery Furnaces* - Nevers

The M's - Future Women
Starlight Mints* - Pumpkin
Peeping Tom (with Bebel Gilberto)* - Caipirinha
Jamie Liddell* - Game for Fools (Mara Carlyle Ukulady Mix)
Juana Molina* - Desordenado
Edith Piaf - La Vie L'Amour
The Streets - Too Much Brandy
Deee-Lite - Who Was That?
Brazilian Girls - Sirenes de la Fête
Isaac Hayes - Theme from Shaft
The B-52's - Hero Worship
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Interesting Results
Camera Obscura* - Lloyd I'm Ready to be Heartbroken
Las Malas Amistades - Hay Zombies en la Playa

Rufus Wainwright - Foolish Love
Manhattens* - The Feeling Is Mutual
Troubled Hubble - I Love My Canoe
Cougars* - There's No "High" in Team
Alec K. Redfearn & the Eyesores* - Litany
That Dog - Minneapolis
Samira Sa'id with Cheb Mami - Youm Wara Youm
Amadou & Miriam (with Manu Chao) - Sénégal Fast Food
Controller Controller* - Poison/Safe
Mission of Burma* - Donna Sumeria
Puffy Ami Yumi - Wild Girls on Circuit (the Ready Made JBL Mix '99)
Speedies - You Need Pop
P:ano - T. Hatch Says "Round Ev'ry Corner"

* from our new releases list

The title of this post is taken from the second song, Laurie Anderson's "Blue Lagoon".

Labels:

posted by Tony at 9:25 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged