tonybreed: a blog

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Prom show

I've run out of songs with the word "radio" in them to use as titles in my blog...

Anyway, my prom show went well, especially the first hour.

Here's my playlist:

Blondie - Heart of Glass
Babes in Toyland - More More More
Controller Controller* - Poison / Safe
Danielson* - Ship the Majestic Suffix
Toms - (I Wanna Be A) Teen Again
Jon Auer* - You Used to Drive Me Around
Scotland Yard Gospel Choir** - She Just Wants to Move (Live)
The National Trust** - Neverstop
Zen for Primates - Funkytown
Vitalic* - No Fun
LCD Soundsystem - Too Much Love
Streets* - When You Wasn't Famous

Echo & the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
Magnetic Fields - I Thought You Were My Boyfriend
Goldfrapp* - Ride a White Horse
MADLIB* - The Rock (Hump)
Fiery Furnaces* - Nevers!
Masters of the Obvious - Dancing in the Moonlight

*from our new music playlist
**bands playing the indie rock prom


"Heart of Glass" was in honor of Sarah (née Tulman) Jesudason's prom, which I went to, and in which that song was the only good one played.

I was going to make a whole "Carrie" joke about how friends and I were rigging the indie rock prom elections so this girl no one liked could be prom queen, and then we would dump pig's blood on her, and then she would, in a fit of telekinetic rage, kill everyone. But I forgot.

There were two disco covers in the show -- Babes in Toyland's "More More More" and Zen for Primates' "Funkytown". I particularly like this cover of Funkytown, which is a sort of chamber-folk version, kitschy and fun. I got the Funkytown cover from an mp3 blog I discovered called Copy, Right?, in which a local Chicago woman posts all kind of covers, both go and bad. I've picked up some pretty wild stuff there.

I played one other cover, Masters of the Obvious' "Dancing in the Moonlight", which wasn't disco, but it was from the 70's.

Labels:

posted by Tony at 8:11 AM

1 Comments:

Blogger gems and purls said...

what, you didn't like my high school's lovely tradition of yelling along with billy idol's 'mony mony'? = stj

5/22/2006 10:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged