tonybreed: a blog

Friday, September 28, 2007

I'm not the one to try to tell you- 9/28 Show

This week was a hard week at work; I stayed very late three nights in a row. We launched a new web site on Wednesday night.

Our Online Product Manager for the product has been in a couple of bands, he tells us. Which ones? Nothing I'd heard of... but they are not unheard-of bands, despite my ignorance, because there were a couple of them in WLUW's catalogue. (To be fair, he also played on Nina Persson's solo project; I've heard of her, since she was lead singer of The Cardigans. This, however, was not in the catalogue.) Anyway, I played both bands, Champale and Clem Snide, back-to-back this morning, in honor of having worked so closely with their saxophonist all week.

This was week three of DJ training for Julio; the second hour (which I've left off, below) was his. He did better than the week before (which is what training is all about, after all). Next week, he goes solo... and I sleep in.

* = new stuff / (r) = requests
artistsongalbumlabel
New OrderThe Age of ConsentSelections from RetroWarner Brothers
ChampaleLike I DoSimple DaysPitch-A-Tent
Clem SnideJoan Jett of ArcThe Ghost of FashionSpin Art
*Devendra BanhartSo Long Old BeanSmokey Rolls Down Thunder CanyonXL
*Aesop RockCoffeeNone Shall PassDefinitive Jux
LCD SoundsystemWatch the TapesSounds of SilverDFA/Capitol
Klaus NomiSimple ManSimple ManRCA
*Bettye LaVetteThe Last TimeThe Scene and the GrimeAnti-
Lena HorneMy Blue HeavenSome of the BestStanyan
CocoRosieSunshineThe Adventures of Ghost Horse and StillbornTouch and Go
*CaribouIreneAndorraMerge
HeadlightsCenturiesThe Enemies EPPolyvinyl
The VandervoortsHe's RealisticSelf-released
Mary WeissMy Heart is BeatingDangerous GameNorton
*TunngArmsGood ArrowsThrill Jockey
Neko CaseSoulful Shade of BlueThe Tigers Have SpokenAnti-

Labels:

posted by Tony at 9:59 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged