tonybreed: a blog

Friday, September 21, 2007

All of it's hot- 9/21 Show

This week I biked to work on Thursday. On my way home, two songs came up in my iPod Shuffle that I decided to play in my show the next day (which happens a lot) — today's first two songs. The Postal Service song is from an album I confess I don't even know that well; when I got home, I had to plug it into my computer to find out what I'd been listening to (the Shuffle has no readout). The B-52's song is, by contrast, maybe 25 years old, and from an album I have had for at least 20.

It's still DJ training time, and my trainee is Julio. I gave him control of the second hour, so he'd really get a feel for it. It went OK.

Here's my hour:


* = new stuff / (r) = requests
artistsongalbumlabel
The B-52'sLegal TenderWhammy!Warner Brothers
The Postal ServiceWe Will Become SilhouettesGive UpSub Pop
*Imperial TeenThe Hair the TV the Baby & the BandThe Hair the TV the Baby & the BandMerge
*The Go! Team feat. Chuck DFlashlight FightProof of YouthSub Pop
The NoisettesDon't Give UpWhat's the Time Mr Wolf?Universal/Motown
Bobby ConnJealous (Winners Mix)Winners EPThrill Jockey
*OfficeBig Bang JumpA Night at the RitzScratchie/Newline
Os MutantesPanis et CircensisTropicália ou Panis et Circensis
Jacque BrelNe Me Quitte PasNe Me Quitte PasUniversal
Rufus WainwrightLeaving for ParisRelease the StarsGeffen
Jim O'RourkeMemory LaneInsignificanceDrag City
*Bettye LaVetteBefore the Money Came (the Battle of Bettye LaVette)The Scene and the CrimeAnti-
Animal CollectiveFor Reverend GreenStrawberry JamDomino
The SmithsSheila Take a BowLouder than BombsSire

Labels: ,

posted by Tony at 8:03 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Mi said...

J'aime Jacques Brel! Did you know Marc Almond has an album of JB covers? He does an extremely overwrought version of 'Ne me Quitte Pas.' I like Dusty Springfield's version a lot. xoxoxo

9/23/2007 10:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged