tonybreed: a blog

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

My Gift Would Be A Great Surprise

Back from vacation.

So: I played Xiu Xiu because it's a new album, and the band was recommended to me by a work friend. I'd only heard one thing by Xiu Xiu, and it was a cover of Tracy Chapman's Fast Car that was so bad it made me angry; he said, he could see where they would ruin Fast Car, but in their own material, they shine. Turns out to be true. Who knew?

Oh, and below, where it says "Wolf Like Me (?)" — I'm a bit embarrassed — I somehow forgot to note which track I was playing, and completely forgot both the name and the track number before taking the CD out. So I think I played track 5, but that's more or less a guess.

New Order: 1964 ('95 Arthur Baker Remix)
Manu Chao: Bongo Bong / Je ne t'aime plus
Of Montreal*: I Was a Landscape in Your Dream
Xiu Xiu*: Save Me Save Me
Johnny's Guitar: Bong Saen '66
Boy Least Likely To: Faith
Silkworm: "Don't Look Back"
TV on the Radio*: Wolf Like Me (?)
Basement Jaxx*: Hush Boy
OK Go: Here It Goes Again
Mountaineer*: Ambassador
David Bowie: Fill Your Heart
Otto: Pra Quem Tà Quente
Elvis Costello: Pump It Up
The Headlights*: TV
The Shangri-Las: Give Him a Great Big Kiss
Zerostars: The Good Can't Escape
Bob Dylan: The Levee's Gonna Break
The Mountain Goats*: If You See Light
Scotland Yard Gospel Choir: Topsy Turvy
Kate Bush: Sat in Your Lap
Brazilian Girls: Sirène de la Fête
The Rapture*: The Devil
Phillips & Driver: Oh Starsky
Jacques Brel: Les Paumés du Petit Matin
Pajo*: Who's That Knocking?
The Husbands: Never Again

* from our new request list
** requests


And on the subject of OK Go, they have an awesome video for the song I played:

Labels:

posted by Tony at 7:43 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged