tonybreed: a blog

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Took off to the land of naught

Subbed for another DJ this morning, for a 3-hour show.

Tom Waits: Singapore
David Bowie: Quicksand
Sufjan Stevens*: Chicago (acoustic)
Scritti Politti*: Sow in Sun
Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire: Tea & Thorazine
Thom Yorke*: The Eraser
Ben Folds: Jesusland
Nobody & Mystic Chords of Memory*: Broaden a New Sound
Blondie: Pretty Baby
The Husbands: Tell Me Your Love is Only Mine
Radio Birdman*: Locked Up
ZZZZ: Forget It
Each Other: Ivan on Ivan
Dizzee Rascal: Stand Up Tall

Siouxsie and the Banshees: Kiss Them for Me (Kathak #2 Mix)
Feist*: Mushaboom (Mocky Mix)
Easy Star All*Stars featuring Toots and the Maytals*: Let Down
The Aerovons: Resurrection
The Mountain Goats*: Woke Up New
The Blow*: Babay (Eat a Critter, Feel its Wrath)
Martha & the Muffins: Swimming
The Aluminum Group: Sad Gay Life
Pizzicato 5: Baby Love Child
Lee Baby Simms*: Meanside
The Shifties: On My Way

The Clash: Spanish Bombs
Canasta: Slow Down Chicago
Matt Friedberger*: The Cross & the Switchblade
The Thermals*: Test Pattern
Os Mutantes: Desculpe, Babe
Pajo*: Let It Be Me
The Breeders: Saints
The La's: Doledrums
Billy Bragg & Wilco: Hoodoo Voodoo
Broadcast*: Poem of Dead Song
The Go! Team: Bottle Rocket
Ladytron: Oops Oh My
Deee-Lite: Good Beat
Quantic featuring Ohmega Watts*: Ticket to Know Where
Las Malas Amistades: Necesidad (Electro Mix)

* from our new release list

Labels:

posted by Tony at 7:33 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger gems and purls said...

are you digging the new scritti politti? i'm just so happy to hear green's voice again.

8/23/2006 1:34 PM

 
Blogger Tony said...

Indeed I am. I was the one who reviewed it for the station. I like it better than Cupid & Psyche 85, which could get a little cloying.

8/23/2006 8:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged