tonybreed: a blog

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

This moment in time... it doesn't belong to you...

So hot these days... so I played a heat-and-summer themed show. That is, songs whose sound somehow made me think of heat and summer — not so much songs that are actually about heat or summer.

I thought it was a good show today! Also, I succesfully played songs of the iPod for the first time. Wooooo for me!

Kate Bush: Jig of Life
Jane Siberry: All the Candles in the World
The Husbands*: Bar-B-Q
Paul Weller*: Long Hot Summer
The Folk Implosion: One-Part Lullaby
The Cowboy Junkies: I'm So Open
Sufjan Stevens*: Dear Mr. Supercomputer
Quantic*: Bomb in a Trumpet Factory
Nina Simone: Break Down & Let It All Out
Baby Teeth: Diaghalev Was Right
Franz Ferdinand & Jane Birkin*: A Song for a Sorry Angel
The Shifties: Girl Car
The Judybats: Convalescing in Spain
Tom Waits: Raindogs
The Junkers: High Noon
Oneida*: The Misfits
Anavan*: Eel Air Camera
Ojos de Brujo: Color
The Smiths**: There is a Light that Never Goes Out
Brisa Roché*: Flying Too High
M. Ward*: Chinese Translation
The Shangri-Las: Give Him a Great Big Kiss
Awesome Color*: Hat Energy
The B-52's: Party Gone Out of Bounds
The Spinto Band**: Oh Mandy
The Cells: They Don't Know
Quasar Wut-Wut: Enola Gay
Meryn Cadell: Window of Opportunity
Las Malas Amistades: Por Todo Lado

* from our new release list
** requests

Labels:

posted by Tony at 6:54 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged