tonybreed: a blog

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

When you get there, better kiss me! / Auction

Go visit the WLUW online auction. Cool stuff to buy there, including original art by me!

Today's show was a theme show: old relationships. A lot of these songs have stories behind them... but they seem to be almost all my stories... just two requests today, both in the last half hour of the show.

Throwing Muses: Golden Thing
Paul Weller*: In the Crowd
The Husbands*: Sha La La Daniel
Nina Simone: You Better Know It
The Aluminum Group: A Boy in Love
Oneida*: Busy Little Bee
The Style Council: The Story of Someone's Shoe
Michael Stipe*: L'Hôtel
Sufjan Stevens*: No Man's Land
Edith Piaf: La Vie en Rose
The Sponsors: In and Out of Love
Neko Case: If You Knew
The Smiths: Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want
The B-52's: Give Me Back My Man
Spoon*: Idiot Driver
The Beautiful South: Song for Whoever
Aretha Franklin: Sweet Bitter Love
Brisa Roché*: Warned
Thom Yorke*: Black Swan
Jim O'Rourke: Memory Lane
Señor Coconut*: Firecracker
My Bloody Valentine**: Lose My Breath
Office*: If You Don't Know By Now
Talking Heads: Girlfriend is Better
Sunny Day Real Estate**: Television

* from our new release list
** requests

Labels:

posted by Tony at 7:22 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged