tonybreed: a blog

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

If you love rock and roll so much, why don't you marry it?

This morning's show was the start of the pledge drive, so there was a little less music. I put together a mix CD as a pledge premium for anyone who donated during my show. There were only two donations during that hour (which isn't too unusual for that time of day), and only one requested the CD... but she was apparently quite excited about getting the CD, so I feel very flattered. Next week will be the pledge drive again, and I'll offer the CD one more time.

Here's what I played this morning:

Tom Waits: Eggs and Sausage
Vyvienne Long: Seven Nation Army
The Husbands*: You Know What, Sadie?
New Order: Fine Time
Scritti Politti*: E Eleventh Nuts
Golden Smog*: Corvette
Matt Friedberger*:
Zapruder Point: Stunning at Something
Sergent Garcia: Acabar Mal
Pansy Division: Luv Luv Luv
Luxury: Green Hearts
Joan of Arc*: For a Half-Dead Girl Named Echo
Frank Zappa: Camarillo Brillo
Smoking Popes: Stormy Weather
The Dyno Tones: Gear Grinder
Brisa Roché*: Billionaire
P:ano: I Feel His Presents/Doing the Can Can
Meryn Cadell: Organ
Oneida*: The Adversary
Everything but the Girl: Corcovado
Sufjan Stevens*: Chicago (Multiple Personality Disorder version)
Nina Simone: See-Line Woman
The Coctails: Postcard
Anavan*: Waiting List

* from our new releass list

Labels:

posted by Tony at 8:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged