tonybreed: a blog

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Radio Free Europe

My DJ set went OK last night. I forget my headphones and so I couldn't hear myself, which threw me off. I stuttered, umm-ed and smacked my lips, all of which are BAD radio habits I must break myself of. Anyway, in spite of it all I thought it was a pretty good set.

I kept a copy of my playlist, for the first time. Voici:

Throwing Muses - Golden Thing
Magnetic Fields - Washington D.C.
Sondre Lerche and the Faces Down Quartet - The Curse of Being in Love

Calexico - Roka
Sufjan Stevens - Casimir Pulaski Day (by request)
The Sea and Cake - Lamont's Lament

zZz - Roses
eX-Girl - Hettakorii No Ottakorou
Pere Ubu - Ubu Dance Party

Ojos de Brujo - Color (something I picked up in Spain)
Matthew Dear - Send You Back
Bobby Conn - No Revolution

Mountain Goats - First Few Desperate Hours (by request from Laura)
Low Skies - Stone Mountain

Beach Boys - I'm Waiting for the Day
Gogol Bordello - Immigrant Punk (by request)
Up the Empire - Starfuck (which I referred to as "Starbleep" on air)

Stereolab - Visionary Road Map
The Aluminum Group - I Blow You Kisses
The Talking Heads - Found a Job

I also had a request for something I couldn't fill, because it's not in the catalog... but I can play it next week, because I can bring it from home: The B-52's, Channel Z.

Labels:

posted by Tony at 1:32 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged