tonybreed: a blog

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Won't You Please - 6/24/08 show, subbing for Ginny

Today I subbed for Ginny, in the slot right before Think Pink. I expected to be a little more relaxed, since it's late afternoon, but the traffic on the way delayed me to the point where I arrived almost exactly at 4, which left me a little out of sorts. Also, this week is BMI log week, in which we have to record the composers of each song we play; this made extra work over the course of the show.

On the other hand, I had a request for True Love Always, a band I'd never heard before, and I really liked it. It reminded me of The Aluminum Group — jazzy with nice vocal harmonies.

Other item of note: the opening track of Sigur Rós' new album is in fact called "Gobbledigook". Most of the rest of the songs have Icelandic titles. To me, this is funny.

* New
(r) Request

artistsongalbumlabel
LCD SoundsystemUs v. ThemSound of SilverDFA
The London SuedeCan't Get EnoughHeadmusicnude/Columbia
*DoshDon't Wait for the Needle to DropWolves and WishesAnticon
*Orchestra BaobobNdéleng NdélengMade in DakarWorld Circuit/Nonesuch
L'Affaire Louis TrioVolez VolezL'Homme Aux Mille ViesBarclay
Mucca PazzaChick HabitA Little Marching BangSelf-released
*Big Ass ManateeBillie Jean1994EverSelf-released
Klaus NomiTotal EclipseKlaus NomiRCA
*LadytronKletvaVelociferoNettwerk
Nina SimoneLittle Girl BlueMy Baby Just Cares for MeDuchesse
*Al GreenStanding in the RainLay It DownBlue Note
(r)BeirutCarouselsLon GislandBa Da Bing
(r)True Love AlwaysModestoCloudsTeen Beat
*Frightened RabbitGood Arms vs. Bad ArmsThe Midnight Organ FightFat Cat
*Sigur RósGobbledigookMeð Suð I Eyrum Við Spillum EndalaustXL
Joe JacksonBeat CrazyGreatest Hits
JusticeDVNOEd
*The M'sDon't Be LateReal Close OnesPolyvinyl
The Shadows of KnightThree for LoveBack Door MenSundazed
The La'sSon of a GunThe La'sGo! Discs
Philips&DriverGrudge ****TogethernessBar None
*Modey LemonBecome a MonkSeasons of SweetsBirdman
Bobby ConnVanitasKing for a DayThrill Jockey
*Elvis CostelloStella HurtMomofukuLost Highway
Frank ZappaCosmik DebrisApostrophe'Rykodisc

posted by Tony at 6:12 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged