tonybreed: a blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More Cardiff

We'd intended to bike on our last day in Cardiff, but a combination of drizzle and sore legs made it not such a good idea. So we had a day of leisure, just hanging around.

We took a boat down to Cardiff Bay, which was a pretty nice but not exceptionally nice thing to do. We sat on a balcony overlooking the water and had some Brain's beer. The sun came out, but did not shine on us because we were on the wrong side of the building. Still, it was nice.

Back in town, we had a light supper in a new microbrewery called ZeroDegrees (new to Cardiff — they have other locations). The microbrewery seemed to be modelled on US microbreweries, esp. west coast (Portland, etc.). Eric had a Pale Ale (described as an American version of an English bitter) and I had a wheat beer. To eat, we shared a seared carpaccio and a goat cheese pizza, and had salads. It was all very nice.

Labels: , ,

posted by Tony at 11:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged