tonybreed: a blog

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

¿Que es más macho? ¿Lightbulb o Pineapple?

Today's show, my version of a morning PARTY.

Julio called in to question my wisdom in playing Nina Simone back to back with a song called "Black Betty". !! I swear to god it never occurred to me that this could be seen in any way other than how I intended it: 2 good songs that sounded OK next to each other. I'll have to be more careful. So, like, no Shonen Knife followed by "Turning Japanese".

The Talking Heads: I Zimbra
Laurie Anderson: Smoke Rings
The Rapture*: Pieces of the People We Love
Les Savy Fav*: Pluto
The Cells: They Don't Know
Xiu Xiu*: The Fox & the Rabbit
Michael Gum: Super Mario Bros. 3 World 3
Nina Simone: See Line Woman
Young Fresh Fellows: Black Betty
The B-52's: 52 Girls
The Puppini Sisters: Wuthering Heights
The Headlights*: Hi-Ya!
LCD Soundsystem: Disco Infiltrator
Four Tet*: Sun Drums & Soil (Sa-Ra Creative Partners Remix)
Prototypes**: Tir Aux Pigeons
Ric Cartey: Heart Throb
The Decemberists: O Valencia!
Os Mutantes: A Minha Menina
Continental Drifters**: Anything
Tortoise*: Cornpone Brunch Watt Remix
X:144 and SPS*: Almost Never
The Streets: Get Out of My House
Fugazi**: Merchandise
The Husbands: B.I.L.L.Y.
TV on the Radio*: I Was a Lover
Andrew Bird: Skin Is, My
The Go! Team: Junior Kickstart
Basement Jaxx*: Hey U
Slumber Party*: So Sick
Zerostars: Like Lovers Do
Martha and the Muffins: You Sold the Cottage

* from our new release list
** request

Labels:

posted by Tony at 6:59 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged