tonybreed: a blog

Saturday, June 24, 2006

What a gas it was...

Saturday's show: I attempted to play something off my iPod (which is possible here) and discovered that my connecting cable (my own) was, shall we say, tetchy and basically no-good. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this till I started playing the song and there was no right channel... trying to fix it, the sound went out almost completely... HELL! So I faded out and gave up. Oh well. Not a bad show in spite of it all.

The Pixies: Gigantic
Calexico: Alone Again Or
Office*: If You Don't Know by Now
Tom Zé*: Vibração da Carne
Camper Van Beethoven: Take the Skinheads Bowling
Forty Piece Choir: Incredible Man and So-So Girl
Velvet Underground & Nico: I'll Be Your Mirror
The Aluminum Group: Impress Me
Final Fantasy*: Song Song Song
Alexi Murdoch*: All My Days
Michelle Shocked: Anchorage
Frank Black*: Elijah
Stereolab: The Sound of Carpet
Blur: Gene by Gene
The Jam: A Town Called Malice (I meant to play Beat Surrender, but started the wrong track. Dammit. A Town Called Malice is a bit overplayed. Oh well... next week...)
The Wolfgang Press: Momma Told Me Not To Come
The Futureheads*: Back to the Sea
Peeping Tom featuring Bebel Gilberto*: Caipirinha
Bobby Conn: White Bread
Grandaddy*: Connecty
Ike & Tina Turner: River Deep Mountain High
Throwing Muses: Not Too Soon

* from our new release list

Labels:

posted by Tony at 7:08 PM

3 Comments:

Blogger Mi said...

A Town Called Malice is the only Jam song *anyone* ever plays on the radio. :(

6/25/2006 10:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, sorry I missed this show. This list is spectacular! :-)

6/29/2006 10:27 PM

 
Blogger Tony said...

Thanks!

Anyone who wants to can listen online at www.wluw.org -- just click on "Listen Live". If it doesn't open for you, download the linked file -- it's a .pls file -- open it using iTunes, RealPlayer, or any of a number of computer media players.

My show is 6-7:30pm Central time. If you tune in an hear people speaking Creole or French, that's the show before mine... stick around, and I'll come on.

6/30/2006 12:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged