tonybreed: a blog

Thursday, June 22, 2006

I feel like baking a CAKE

This morning I subbed for Matt and the Indie Rock Alarm Clock. (Matt's show has, in my opinion, the best name of all the named shows on the station.)

The B-52's: Cake
Laurie Anderson: Sharkey's Day
Royce*: Ginelle
Gnarls Barkley: Go Go Gadget Gospel
Pansy Division: The Summer You Let Your Hair Grow Long
Future Bible Heroes: Losing Your Affection
Elvis Costello & Allen Toussaint*: International Echo
Rufus Wainwright featuring Antony: Old Whore's Diet
Pat Downey & the Vistas: Real Live Lover
The Boy Least Likely To*: My Tiger My Heart
Edith Frost: It's a Game
Hedwig & the Angry Inch: Wicked Little Town
Mae Young*: The Man Puts Sugar in My Soul
Puffy Ami Yumi: Boogie Woogie No 5

Yo La Tengo: From a Motel 6
The Flaming Lips: Knives Out
The Office*: Busy with Other Things
Peeping Tom featuring Rahzel & Dan the Automator*: Mojo
Kronos Quartet/remix by Plankton Man: El Sinaloense (dance mix)
Cesaria Evora/remix by Kerri Chandler: Nho Antone Escaderode
Apollo Up!*: Situation: Hot!
The Gossip: Standing in the Way of Control
The Cheebacabra*: The Secret Agenda
Mr. Lif*: Washitup!
Jurassic 5: Freedom
Dismemberment Plan**: What Do You Want Me to Say?
Luxury: Green Hearts

The Clash: This is Radio Clash
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti: Interesting Results
Kimya Dawson*: 12/26
Final Fantasy*: I'm Afraid of Japan
Nico: Frozen Warnings
The Soft Boys**: Underwater Moonlight
Tom Zé*: Estúpido Rapaz
Trash Can Sinatras: Only Tongue Will Tell
Troubled Hubble: Migraine
Alexi Murdoch*: Breathe
Neko Case: Train from Kansas City
The La's: I.O.U.
Mission of Burma*: Man in Decline
Scissor Sisters: Filthy/Gorgeous
Fazzini: 03

* songs from our new release list
**requests


Thanks to everyone who listened!

I got my first chance to give away tickets today. I said I'd take the second caller. The first caller said, "am I the second caller?" and I said "no, but if you call back quick you might be." So she said thanks, hung up, called back, and won the tickets. So yay for Shira!

Labels:

posted by Tony at 8:27 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged