tonybreed: a blog

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Magical distractions

Still working on that comic from the day I went sailing. I got distracted along the way by the arrival of the new Harry Potter book, which I started Monday and finished Tuesday. It was good, but it's hard to talk about without feeling like you might be ruining someone else's reading experience. I can see why Rowling wanted to be sure all her fans got the book on the same day.

Then I needed something completely different to read, and so I'm reading Manil Suri's The Death of Vishnu — it's set in Bombay: the man who sleeps on the first landing of an apartment building is dying, and everyone in the building seems to be losing their grip for various reasons generally unrelated to Vishnu's death. It doesn't give a very good impression of the human condition, but it's a good book.

So my comic just needs to be inked at this stage... soon... I promise it will not be as exciting as I'm building it up to be.

Labels:

posted by Tony at 6:35 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Info

My Photo
Name:

Rather than reading my blog, which is boring and never gets updated anymore, may I suggest you read my comic, which is at hitchedcomic.com

I am officially no longer a DJ at WLUW. Long story.

However, the Chicago Independent Radio Project will have a webcast soon, and I'll be a part of that. And we can still talk about music... leave me a comment if there's something on your mind.

My hosts

This blog is hosted by Blogger, but all the images, plus the rest of my personal and professional sites, is hosted by ULTRAsurge.com. They have very cheap rates available for sites like this one, that have low-bandwidth needs.

read more »

Technorati

Powered by Blogger


Blog Directory - Blogged